Smitty's Lawn and Garden



This project was creating a new home page for Smitty's Lawn and Garden

The first step was creating a list of all the content in their old website and marking which ones would be useful in a mobile website. 

The second step was to fill out a packet that included questions relating to the users of the website and the overall goal. 

The third step was to create sketches of the mobile and tablet sizes of what I personally thought the website should look like. 

The fourth step was to receive feedback from my other classmates and Mr. Olson on what I can add or change to my sketches. 

The fifth step was to create the website for mobile devices first, and receive feedback.

The sixth step was to expand the mobile website from mobile to tablet and desktop size. 

The seventh step was to receive the last comments and opinions and adjust the website to what those comments and opinions were. 

As I was creating this website I had two main things to be hard to change. The first thing I found hard was moving from mobile to tablet. I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like but creating that idea was challenging. The second thing was changing the color of the sidebar from mobile to tablet. For mobile I had it set to be a gradient to incorporate the grass idea into the entire website. For tablet I wanted it to be the same color blue as the header but it wouldn't change. After I talked to Mr. Olson about it we concluded that I needed to add in a fake link to a background image and set the gradient to none. 

Now that I am done with the project I feel that I have gained a lot of knowledge about creating websites. I now understand that creating a website for mobile first is more efficient and makes the overall website look cleaner and more put together. 

Comments

Popular Posts